March 19, 2014

Finally, A Finish!!

Just under the wire, I finished up my economy block baby quilt for my good friend Brooke.  This is a picture of her taken on Monday... and she delivered her adorable baby girl yesterday.  Whew, nothing like waiting until the last minute.



I shared the details of this on the blog a few times before (see here, here and here). I was clearly swept up in the economy block Instagram madness (#economyblockalong).



Heidi Anne's Baby Quilt Stats:
Finished Size = approx 30" x 30"
Thread: Aurifil 50 wt for piecing and quilting
Fabrics: From my stash, background is Kona Bone


I had another friend ask me to make these same economy blocks for a framed quilt for her new twins.  I think they came out so adorable!! These are approximately 15x15.  I used Heather Ross prints for the fussy cut centers and fabrics from my stash for the outer sections.



OK, so I know the quilt's not OFFICIALLY a Work In Progress, but it was up to Tuesday of this week, so I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced anyway, Lee will understand :)


post signature

15 comments:

  1. Just in the nick of time! It's adorable and I love that you made framed blocks thats something that I'd really like to try. They look great!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. If not for the last minute, when would we get anything done? lol Your quilt is lovely. Did you make the frames for your baby-art?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so adorable! what lucky friends. I love the idea of the framed quilts. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually don't get my baby quilts done (or even started) until after the baby arrives! so I think you did great. =) the quilt is so cute and the framed blocks are simply adorable. way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' adorable - both the quilt and the frames! I think I have been under a rock - do not know of this economy block! Have not been active on Instragram for awhile, afraid it will suck me further into internet black hole! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!! Love the framed blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts and framed pieces. I love how you framed the center blocks. And I really, really like the orange and pink piece in the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All adorable! I love the on point blocks in the quilt! The framed blocks look wonderful...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is adorable and I love the blocks in frames - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the quilt, and what a great idea to frame some blocks! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I think finishing works in progress are allowed. I'm impressed with your matching points. My economy blocks didn't come out anywhere near as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those framed blocks are adorable. What a really wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those framed blocks are gorgeous...and genius. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those framed blocks are adorable! What a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is a gorgeous quilt - I want to make one myself now - I love fussy cutting! It`s beautiful.
    Pauline

    perry94022 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS